Institute Para Limes (IPL) was established in Europe as a not-for-profit foundation in February 2006. Its founding fathers were some of the most eminent scientists in Europe and the US. The manifest that they signed on August 30th 2005 expresses the leading principles for IPL. IPL was initially located in The Netherlands. In 2011 it moved its activities to Singapore, first as the NTU Complexity Program and since 2014 as Para Limes @ NTU. In September 2018 it resumed its activities in Europe as Para Limes @ EU.
A sample of its achievements
- More than forty intellectually challenging and multidisciplinary conferences, workshop and special events (see Para Limes)
- Over 200 videos of individual talks by world class speakers
- A strong international network of 350 eminent scientists and thinkers
- Books and publications
- Established Singapore Platform for East West Dialogue in January 2017
- Initiated explorative projects like: Disrupted Balance – Society at Risk